Find a quiet space and ten minutes ( or more ) of undisturbed time. You can do this when you wake up still lying in bed or find a comfortable place to sit upright.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Take a few slow, deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Mentally set the intention to release all mental chatter. With each inhalation breathe in ”FRESH” with each exhalation, breathe out ” STRESS”
- Imagine that you’re lying down in the middle of a huge, beautiful field on a bright, sunny day. The field extends for miles all around you and for as far as you can see are wild flowers and blades of bright green grass.Nearby there is a tree. You move to sit under it. Feel the ground underneath you and allow gravity to pull the weight of your body deep down into the earth feeling relaxed and comfortable.
- As you continue to breathe, visualize a stream of liquid, bright white light, pouring down from the clouds above and in through the top of your head. Let it wash away any thoughts or negative noise you may have swirling around in there. With each slow and steady breath, allow the liquid light to fill every corner of your mind until you feel still, quiet and calm.
- Imagine a breeze blows across your body and moves the stream of light down through your throat and into your heart. Visualize a pool of white light filling up your heart. Feel it dissolve any feelings of anxiety, anger, sadness, pain or fear. As these feelings are dissolved gently away completely, your heart begins to glow and grow with brilliant white light.
- As you continue to breathe,the liquid light moves down into your abdomen, releasing any tension you hold there. It then travels down into your pelvis, breaking up and dissolving all negativity or pain you may be carrying between your hips.
- On your next breath, the flow of white light drops down into the base of your spine, creating an explosion of silver sparks in every direction. Finally, the light travels down through your legs and runs out through the soles of your feet. Imagine that it flushes away with it any negative thoughts or feelings that have been stuck within your body. As you continue to breathe, the light slowly drains out of your body and sinks into the earth.
- Imagine now that you stand up under the tree. Notice as you slowly begin to walk forward that you feel lighter, brighter, more joyful and free, and that you’re actually radiating white light. A halo of light extends several feet out and in every direction around you. As you move through the rest of your day, know that as you continue to radiate pure light, you will positively influence everyone you come into contact with, and also, you’ll be protected from any dark feelings, negative energy or negative thoughts that try to return.
- Take a deep breath and exhale slowly, open your eyes, come back to reality and enjoy your day.
PHOTO The Retreat taken by V Weatherer Copyright 2015